Prosthetics Treatment Process
Before your first visit
- Make an appointment (Be sure to ask if there is anything you need to bring)
During your visit
We will ask you to provide the following information:
- General information - address, age, phone number etc. (You can do this ahead of time by downloading our form)
- Your medical history
- Your goals
- We will review your prescription and/or professional reports
We’ll explain funding sources and options.
You will have a physical exam and a gait analysis.
We will complete both a static functional evaluation and a dynamic functional evaluation without your prosthesis.
Our clinician will capture the shape of the body segment (ie. cast, scan, measurements)
Your clinician will discuss a treatment plan with you.
Following your first visit
We will provide you with the following services:
- An orientation to your new prosthetic treatment
- Initial instructions
- Evaluate the device interface (ie. Volume, pressure distribution)
- Static functional evaluation and a dynamic evaluation with your prosthesis
- Outcome measure of prosthetic treatment
- Care and maintenance of your prosthesis
- Body segment care related to prosthetic use
- Wearing schedule
- Initial gait training
To ensure that you continue to have success with your prosthesis we will help with:
- Educating you on skin care (always contact us should any issues arise)
- Teaching you how to use upper body prosthesis
- Physical therapy for gait training
We will also
- Make any required adjustments or maintenance repairs
- Help you set up meetings with other rehabilitation specialists