When you come to see us for the first time, please allow extra time to fill out paperwork. To save yourself some time, and help us look into provincial funding options for you, you can fill out the online intake form ahead of time. You don't need to print the form, we will ask you to review and sign it before your appointment.
At Alberta Orthotic and Prosthetic Centre, our goal is to make every clinic visit efficient, enjoyable and stress free. In order to be respectful of the needs of other patients, please be courteous and call our clinic promptly if you are unable to show up for an appointment. This time can then be reallocated to someone who is in need of care. If it is necessary to cancel your scheduled appointment, we require that you call at least 24 hours in advance. Appointments are in high demand and your early cancellation will give another person the possibility to have access to timely care.
If you are late for your appointment, we will make every effort to see you for the remainder of the scheduled time. If we cannot give appropriate service in the remaining time, we will require you to reschedule your appointment. This will be considered a late cancellation.
To cancel appointments, please call 403-244-2029. If you do not reach the receptionist, you may leave a detailed message on our voice mail. Please leave a contact number where you can be reached. We will return your call and give you the next available appointment time.
A late cancellation is considered when a patient fails to cancel their scheduled appointment with a 24-hour advance notice.
• First late cancellation: courtesy reschedule
• Second late cancellation: $50 fee will be billed to your account
• Third late cancellation: $50 fee will be billed to your account and you may be discharged from our clinic
A “no-show” is someone who misses an appointment without cancelling it in an adequate manner. A failure to be present at the time of a scheduled appointment will be recorded in your medical record as a “no-show”.
• First missed appointment: $50 deposit to reschedule
• Second missed appointment: $50 fee will be billed to your account plus a $50 deposit to reschedule
• Third missed appointment: $50 fee will be billed to your account and you may be discharged from our clinic